[dmd-beta] dmd 1.063 and 2.048 beta

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:19:48 PDT 2010

Here's another one that compiles on 2.047 but not on 2.048.  This one's
a reduced test case from attempting to compile ParallelFuture.

import std.algorithm;

pragma(msg, typeof(reduce!"a + b"([1,2,3])));

test9.d(3): Error: forward reference to inferred return type of function
call reduce([1,2,3])

I've gotten to the point where I think std.algorithm really needs to
just be reverted until the relevant compiler issues are fixed.  If
std.algorithm contains several regressions in this release, then this
release will just be flat out unusable for me and probably for several
other people.