[dmd-beta] Do a new release?

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:39:45 PST 2010

IMHO it depends on how close we are to fixing enough 64 bugs to make 64
support usable.  I define "usable" as at least successfully compiling,
linking and running a version of "hello, world" that uses std.stdio, not
printf, so that people can test it on more complex code and file bug
reports.

If there's likely still another month's work or more there, then yeah, now's
a good time for a release because we just got rid of some nasty and
important bugs.  On the other hand, if there's only maybe a week or two more
worth of work (at least plausibly; I know it's somewhat unpredictable), I
suggest getting these last 64 bugs fixed before releasing.