[dmd-beta] dmd 2.051 beta

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 17 02:45:42 PST 2010

The effect of the command line switches can be seen in this reduced test case:
----------test0.d
import test1;

void main()
{
    book();
}
--------test1.d
void book()
{
    undefined;
}
It only generates the error about "undefined" if you compile with
-noboundscheck -release -inline.
That's actually not a bug.
I believe that in the test case, the 'undefined variable' error is
suppressed because of bug 4269 "Regression(2.031) invalid type
accepted if evaluated while errors are gagged".
But I'm not sure where the error in Phobos is, which is being suppressed.