[dmd-beta] new beta

Mike Wey mike at mikewey.eu
Wed Jan 27 10:25:28 PST 2010

On 01/26/2010 01:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> The latest patches affect both dmd and druntime, and both need to be
> there so it'll work, so here's a new baseline.
>
> You can download the software as a zip file from:
>
> http://download.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip
> userid: customer
> passwd: download7
>

> http://download.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
> userid: customer
> passwd: download7

There seems to be a regression in the way overridden functions are
resolved.
Compiling GtkD with the latest beta i get the following error:

src/gtk/Window.d(623): Error: function gtk.Window.Window.getScreen does
not override any function

The fix seems simple, just remove the override but then when compiling
with warnings on (-w) the compiler tels me the following:

warning - src/gtk/Window.d(623): Error: overrides base class function
gtk.Widget.Widget.getScreen, but is not marked with 'override'

So dmd seems to disagree with itself, this is with dmd2beta/2.040. and
the errors are coming from files that don't directly import gtk.window.
Compiling gtk.window directly doesn't produce the first error.

I haven't been able to reduce it to a small test case yet.