[dmd-beta] dmd 1.062 and 2.047 beta

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:26:03 PDT 2010

Walter Bright, el 10 de junio a las 14:47 me escribiste:

> Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> >And the concrete version numbers?  You mean you were in there adding stuff, and you didn't add those?!
>
> Right. I think Don made a pretty good case. One thing he didn't
> mention is that there are too many version numbers, adding two more
> each month makes the list completely impractical sooner or later.

This can be fixed easily, just add a text field for the version, and let
the people put whatever they like. Then have D1, D2 and D1&D2 as
a combobox in a different field.

There will be cases where the precise version is garbage, and cases
where is meaningful. Try starting trusting in people, if they don't fill
the correct version (having the chance to do so, which is not the case
right now when the available versions are not kept up to date), you can
remove the useless field later.

Just my 2 cents...