[dmd-beta] dmd 2.049 beta

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Sep 15 05:18:47 PDT 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:47:22 -0700
> Von: Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>
> An: Discuss the dmd beta releases for D <dmd-beta at puremagic.com>
> Betreff: Re: [dmd-beta] dmd 2.049 beta

> Walter Bright wrote:
> >

> > Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> >>

> >> I just noticed that the beta still contains the "old" linker 8.00.2.
> >
> > Fixed.
> >

> >> (which is kind of good as the mago-debugger has troubles with the new
> >> version. It does no longer show watches/locals. The only difference
> >> in debug info I could see is that the new version writes udt 'object'
> >> twice (not 'object.Object'), but I'm not sure if this triggers the
> >> problem. Anything else changed with respect to debug info?)
> >>

> > Hmm, I haven't noticed problems with the debug info with windbg.
> > What's the mago-debugger?
> >

> Just checked again, I can see locals with windbg.

The mago-debugger is a recently created visual studio debug engine dedicated to D applications written with dmd.
cv2pdb also has no problem with converting the debug info, but maybe there are some areas unused by windbg or cv2pdb that mago relies upon.
I've also informed the author of mago about this problem, maybe he can give more details.