[dmd-beta] Time for a new beta?

Nick Sabalausky bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com
Sat Aug 13 13:21:36 PDT 2011

I agree with Vladimir and David, and I'll also add that I think it's very
important to have #6452 ("RDMD shouldn't put the compiler in the rsp file")
in the next release, too. Without it, RDMD is broken for projects big enough
to have a cmd line longer than about 1k, which a number of people have
already run into (easy to hit if you're project's base dir has a long path).

Fortunately, there's already *two* pull requests for this:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/3
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/8

I'd also really like to see my pull request for "#6102: [RDMD] Changing a
string import file doesn't trigger a rebuild" included (although I admit the
other RDMD issue is a little more important. But this one can be really
confusing when the user hits it):

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/6