[dmd-beta] D2 2.056 alpha

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:59:54 PST 2011

On 5 December 2011 04:22, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
>
> At this point, I'd like to stick to doing pulls only to fix regressions.
> Time to do a release.

Couple of issues with the docs:
index.html includes the redirect to d-p-l.org. This is wrong, you
should be able to see the docs for the version you've downloaded.

changelog is obviously not finished - bad formatting. the top section
"invariant is deprecated" is misleading consider rephrasing as
something like:
"invariant as a synonym for immutable is deprecated". New features
should probably have a mention of "classes, interfaces, and exceptions
are supported in CTFE".

Somehow std.boxer has reappeared in the sidebar. Ditto std.cover,
std.intrinsic, std.outofmemory, ...
I have a sense of deja vu with this. Did the correct sidebar file get
clobbered with an old one? Somebody changed the makefile for the docs
not so long ago, maybe it was done wrongly.