[dmd-beta] Last (really, this time I mean it!) D2 beta 2.057

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 19:39:51 PST 2011

Still fails my latest mentioned regression:

inout(int[]) foo(inout(int)[] x)
{
    return x;
}

Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (x) of type inout(int)[] to inout(int[])

Given that inout is relatively new to the implementation, I'm not sure how much existing code this breaks.  It certainly breaks dcollections, but I can just instruct people not to use 2.057, and I haven't done a beta release of it since I added the inout decorations.

So it might not be horrible if this goes out.  There is a valid workaround (use a blunt cast).

Again, sorry for the last-minute testing.  I've been busy with work lately.

-Steve