[dmd-beta] Last (really, this time I mean it!) D2 beta 2.057

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Thu Dec 8 23:42:34 PST 2011

On 12/8/2011 10:05 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Why is breaking code OK to you just to follow an arbitrary schedule
> that you define in your head? If there was an official release
> schedule then these issues could be avoided.

It's not so much a schedule, as everything else gets halted when a beta goes
out. When a fix for the beta happens, it starts all over again. 4 hours of
testing, and a day or two out in the wild, when nothing happens.

I don't think it has anything to do with an official release schedule or not.

What matters is is it a critical bug or not?