[dmd-beta] Last (really, this time I mean it!) D2 beta 2.057

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:36:09 PST 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 3:57 AM, Don Clugston <dclugston at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 9 December 2011 08:56, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>>

>> Yes, create a public beta branch. When you think it's time to put out a new
>> release, branch out to the beta branch. Only fixes for regressions (or what
>> you/someone decides) is allowed in the beta branch. Everyone else can
>> continue to work on the main branch, nothing gets stalled.
>
> A minor downside of that, is it would mean that releases aren't made
> from the main branch. Which might make things like bisecting a bit
> messier.

It really should not be that bad. It is good practice to apply patches in the release branch to the main branch as well. Even if that is not done for the "one fix per day", one merge after a release will at least allow you to discover it was one of the release candidate patches and you can do a second bisect if required.