[dmd-beta] Last Beta: dmd 1.067 and 2.052 beta

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:07:46 PST 2011

On 19 February 2011 00:38, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Wait.. It has -release, but it also has -unittest which overrides
> -release when it comes to asserts.  That means that the only issue would
> be files that are linked in from the .lib file rather than being rebuilt
> as part of the unittest.exe build.  Or am I overlooking something again?

That's what I originally thought, too, but I found in practice that it
doesn't work - not properly, anyway. Removing -release makes tests
fail.
The makefile also needs a way to make a Phobos debug build. A couple
of horrific BigInt bugs slipped through because I had assumed that if
you do a -unittest build,'
you get asserts enabled. But you don't. My test cases should have been
triggering asserts.