[dmd-beta] dmd 1.067 alpha

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat Jan 15 04:14:22 PST 2011

On 15/01/11 09:39, Walter Bright wrote:
> This is the 64 bit Linux version! Hopefully, the D2 64 bit alpha isn't
> too far behind.
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip
>
> The 64 bit support is ALPHA, so expect problems! Please post bugs here,
> not in bugzilla, until we do a real release.
>

> Known Problems
> --------------
>
> Code gen is not tuned for 64 bits. It's inefficient, especially with
> floating point.
>
> C ABI for struct and complex number pass/return is not followed.
>
> Dwarf symbolic debug info is generated, but not recognized by gdb. I
> have no idea what the problem is.
>
> std.zip is not working.
>
> std.boxer is not working.

It seems the following doesn't work yet? (First issue I hit while trying
to run tango unittests - it compiles fine with the exception of the
64bit vararg support for dmd which I'm working on).
test.d:
----
void foo(int, ...)
{
}
----
dmd -c -m64 test.d gives:

test.d(1): Error: '__va_argsave_t' is not defined, perhaps you need to
import std.c.stdarg; ?
test.d(1): Error: __va_argsave_t is used as a type
test.d(1): Error: variable test.foo.__va_argsave voids have no value

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/