[dmd-beta] Time to do a new release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 4 12:49:24 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-04 06:18, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> BTW, this release is going to break a lot of external code if the pure
> function changes that disable weak-pure go out.  Haven't been paying close
> attention to all the commits, but was this resolved?

I'm pretty sure not. I just rebuilt one of my projects yesterday and pretty
much had to strip pure out of it completely to get it to build. I expect that
the pure changes will break most projects which use pure. So, if we want to
avoid breaking a lot of code with this release, then we need to sort out the
weak purity issues with regards to member functions before we release.
Obviously, we can sort it out later, but a lot of code will break in the
interim.

- Jonathan M Davis