[dmd-beta] Time for a new beta?

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:00:43 PDT 2011

On 1 September 2011 08:06, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> I'm game.
>
> On 8/31/2011 9:37 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>>
>> Well, there seemed to be some limited consensus 2 weeks ago that it might
>> be time for a beta, then the period of
>> extended brokenness.  Now that we're back in a happy state, shall we?
>>
>> Anyone have a 'really must be fixed before the next release' list?
>>
>> As always, mine consists of the open regression bugs, but since I'm not
>> personally investing in fixing any of them, it's
>> poor form to gripe too much about them.

At least, I don't think we should do a release when there are open
regression bugs that we have valid pull requests for.
If the patches are rejected, we shouldn't block the release, but they
should at least be reviewed.
There are four in that category:

IMHO the most important one is bug 3797 (Regression 2.038). It
generates bad code and has been reported 8 times. And it's been
waiting a very long time for review.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/96

This one, which is a collaboration involving yebblies and me (mostly
yebblies), fixes regression 5373 (Regression 2.051) and an ancient
bug:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/362

This one fixes regression 4953 (Regression 2.031)
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/269

This one fixes regression 6398 (Regression 2.054)
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/279

The only other concern I have is, is the "disable default
constructor"/"nonNull" implementation stable enough for release?