[dmd-beta] dmd 1.070 and 2.055 beta

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Sep 6 23:35:00 PDT 2011

On 07.09.2011 02:21, Walter Bright wrote:

> On 9/6/2011 3:07 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>>
>> Damn.. that one would be my changes then.  If the choice is to revert
>> then
>> the fix to iasm.d that depends on the changes to backend_init will also
>> need to be reverted (also re-opening the closed bug associated with it).
>>
>> I'm not in a good position to spend much time digging into this right
>> now,
>> but on quick inspection of the code, in mars.c, try moving the call of
>> backend_init to after the module creation loop, before the try.
>
> I've checked in a patch for that. Rainer, want to give it a try?
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/b60b44fda4be65df75149d4c772a84698a69a544

Sorry, I could not answer while I was asleep. The new beta works fine.

I'm not sure about Brads concerns, but the new position of the call to
backend_init() is between parsing+importing+expanding version/debug
conditionals and semantic analysis. This seems fine, but maybe there is
something depending on backend initialization? backend_init could also
move before the parsing...