[dmd-beta] Fighting with 2.059 and not quite winning

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Apr 5 20:43:43 PDT 2012

On Friday, April 06, 2012 06:26:19 Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> The first problem was due to std.conv not being pure-friendly. I don't
> know why text(1) or to!string(1) aren't pure. (I've left this alone for
> now to figure out later.)

They never have been. Neither is std.string.format. Purity and converting to
strings don't get along very well at the moment. Various functions that those
functions use aren't pure. I believe that _more_ of them are now pure than
used to be the case but not necessarily enough. Regardless, if Phobos
functions which convert to a string aren't pure, it's nothing new, though it
does need to be fixed sometime soon (probably not for this release though).

- Jonathan M Davis