[dmd-beta] Fighting with 2.059 and not quite winning

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:18:41 PDT 2012

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 08:46:35 +0300, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> Good to know. Hopefully that solves Vladimir's issue for now, but
> clearly we need to make sure that stuff like Appender and to!string can
> be pure soon (preferably for 2.060). Some progress has been made in that
> direction with this release, but we have quite a ways to go.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I've made some progress with the latest
DMD.

text(int) is not nothrow. I think it should be nothrow as well as pure.
This is easy to work around, though.

I've hit the mysterious opEquals problem again (this time with nothrow
instead of pure). I'm going to try minimizing my codebase and find the
cause.

In case of errors like "function a cannot call function b because
reasons", it would be helpful to also print b's location.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net