[dmd-beta] D 2.059 beta 3

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 18:26:37 PDT 2012

2012年4月9日10:07 Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>:
> There really should be errors for opEquals, opCmp, toString, and toHash with
> incorrect signatures,

It is difficult to detect *incorrect signatures*, because compiler
cannot judge it is a mistake of programmer, or is intended one of him.

> and for any of them that need multiple overloads, it
> should complain not only if any of the overloads are incorrect but if any are
> missing. The fact that it's sort that's complaining makes it very hard to
> determine what's actually wrong.

At least, we should fix const system holes (e.g bug1824 - Object not
const correct) before adding this kind of enforcements. Otherwise
compiler may block some user codes that picks the const system holes
but works as expected.

Kenji Hara