[dmd-beta] D 2.059 beta 4

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Apr 9 19:44:32 PDT 2012

On Monday, April 09, 2012 19:40:43 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/9/2012 7:32 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > Although, if there really is good merit to struct lits not veing lvalues,
> > then maybe all we need is to wait until "auto ref" is usable for
> > non-templates? (If that would even be possible...?)
>
> Not possible, as the binary ABI would be different.

It was my understanding that the auto ref was supposed to work with non-
templated functions - at least what Andrei proposed was - but that you
misunderstood that and made it only work with templates. And as long as it
only works with templates, it's usefulness is very limited. opEquals would be
a _prime_ case for where it would be useful.

- Jonathan M Davis