[dmd-beta] rvalue references

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Tue Apr 10 21:56:05 PDT 2012

> On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 23:33:11 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I think this all holds water. Destroy!
>
> So, this essentially erases the difference between lvalues and rvalues as far
> as ref is concerned? ref will effectively have nothing to do with lvalues or
> rvalues?

Except when an implicit conversion is in the mix, yes. It's conversions
and escapes that spoil things. We disallow conversion results to bind to
ref and abolish ref escapes altogether, so I think we should be fine.

Nevertheless please attack this any way you can. We better find bugs now
rather than later.

Andrei