[dmd-beta] rvalue references

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Apr 10 22:04:43 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 22:00:45 Walter Bright wrote:
> > Are you intending to implement this for 2.059 or wait for 2.060? It would
> > certainly mitigate the issues that we've been having with opEquals and
> > opCmp, but it would obviously delay the release a bit. - Jonathan M Davis
> I'm planning on doing it for 2.059. If we wait, then we pointlessly force
> people to rewrite their code.

It's fine with me. I was just looking to find out what the plan was. opEquals
and opCmp for structs have always been a little iffy due to const ref, and this
release would probably make that situation worse as it stands. This proposal
appears to make it _much_ better (assuming that no one can find any major
problems with it).

- Jonathan M Davis