[dmd-beta] rvalue references

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 11:38:14 PDT 2012

Well, there are many times I'd rather have 'this' passed by value for efficiency!

Const ref would fit the bill nicely, if it didn't affect the type.

What would be interesting is if there was a way to say "this won't change in this function", and then the compiler could choose to pass by ref or value depending on which was more efficient, while still enforcing the property that the value doesn't change.

Hm.. could there be a library solution?

-Steve