[dmd-beta] std.format scheduled changes

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Aug 1 15:13:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Other than that are there any other scheduled changes to format's
> behavior? It says format will eventually use xformat, but I don't
> really know how format is different than xformat right now.

xformat is a template, in contrast to format being a plain variadic
function. This, and the format string issue mentioned in the
changelog.

Other than that, there might be subtle differences because the
underlying formatting code changed (now the same as e.g. for
writefln). For example, I'd expect (without actually having tested it)
that %s for xformat will »pretty-print« enum members instead of just
printing the raw integer values, because the type information is now
available as a template parameter.

David