[dmd-beta] Well, I keep trying to do the release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 4 01:47:36 PDT 2012

On Saturday, August 04, 2012 10:43:42 David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 3 Aug 2012, at 23:51, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> > While I think there is a huge business case for supporting IE, since
> > it's a very popular browser […]
>
> Actually, I would be very surprised if IE was popular in GitHub's target
> demographic. For example, on my personal (programming) blog Windows 7 is
> the most popular OS, but only ~2% of the visitors use IE. I've seen
> similar numbers on other programming-related sites.

It always shocks me when I hear of a tech-savvy person using IE. It's true
that it's not as bad as it used to be, but for years, it was pretty much a
given that it should be avoided like the plague given how bad it was.

That being said, as bad as IE may be, websites still need to work with it
properly.

- Jonathan M Davis