[dmd-beta] Fw: lucky winner

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Aug 16 15:31:43 PDT 2012

Jonathan M Davis, el 16 de August a las 13:29 me escribiste:
> On Thursday, August 16, 2012 13:09:56 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > No spam, no heuristic bullshit, no false positives. So yes, it
> > *IS* possible, and not at all difficult. You'd be surprised just how
> > few leaks there really are to email harvesters. Most systems are
> > surprisingly resistent to leaking out addresses. Just not public
> > mailing lists.
>
> In my experience, the primary source of spam is from mailing lists with leaks
> via friends accounts knowing my address being another. I don't generally get
> spam from addresses I use with stores. Most of my e-mail accounts have very
> little spam, and if I were getting enough spam, I'd seriously consider getting
> a new account. But even the spam from the mailing list is low enough that it's
> not all that big an issue (and I _never_ use spam filters without still looking
> at every e-mail to verify that it's spam - I just can't trust that it's going
> to be smart enough never to throw away something that I care about).

Well, I use bogofilter and is not smart at all (is bayesian) but is
extremely effective. I used to check the spam folder, but at some point
I stopped because there's been ages since the last false positive. But
bogofilter have an intermediate status "unsure". I get about 25 spam
e-mails per day and only about 1 goes to the unsure folder, and I would
say only 1/4 of the unsure e-mail is not spam.