[dmd-beta] D2 2.058 beta

Sönke Ludwig ludwig at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Feb 9 01:48:56 PST 2012

Am 09.02.2012 09:16, schrieb Walter Bright:
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip

The deprecation of base class protection seems to have overshot its goal
a bit - implemented _interfaces_ are now also not allowed to be prefixed
with a protection attribute, although this can make perfect sense.

Another thing is that while private selective imports are not public
anymore, private renamed imports now conflict in other modules in this
scenario:
---
module a;
import std = b;
module b;
import a;
void f(){ std.stdio.writefln("X"); } // Error: std at  conflicts with
std at a.d(2)
---

I'm also getting an error in cgcs.c line 354 on a "piece" of code that
previously errored on line 162/cgcs.c (the fixed bug 6177). I will run
dustmite on it and see where it comes from. Not sure if the two are
related to the same root cause or if this is a regresseion.

All in all this is that first release after quite some for which I had
to change a whole lot of code - but changed in a good, cleaning-up way.
So actually I really appreciate this.