[dmd-beta] Time for a beta?

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sun Jan 29 15:45:07 PST 2012

Walter Bright, el 29 de enero a las 11:38 me escribiste:
> On 1/29/2012 11:22 AM, Jason House wrote:
> >Who sets the priority levels in bugzilla?
>
> Anyone can set or change the priority level. Setting too much of a
> store by these, however, leads to raging bikeshed wars and pointless
> hard feelings, which I've been in and wish to avoid.

"Importance" has 3 fields: Priority, Severity and Votes. Severity is
inherent to the issue. Votes is the "priority" defined by the user, and
Priority should be defined by the developers[1].

It's true that everybody can change the Priority, but if it's possible
to put some message there (without having to click on the help), I think
people might leave it alone (Wikis do work, right?). Also, as
I suggested in the devel list[2], it might help to rename the priorities
to something more readable, like:
P1 -> Immediate (*)
P2 -> Next release
P3 -> Eventually