[dmd-beta] D 1.075 and 2.060 betas

Don Clugston dclugston at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:14:58 PDT 2012

On 24 July 2012 21:28, Nick Sabalausky <bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com> wrote:

>> Doesn't DVM do this? It doesn't package stuff like we need for a
>> release, but if you need to build a specific version of all 3 repos
>> (including the latest), DVM should do the job - at least as I
>> understand it. I've never actually used it.
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/wiki/Home
>>

> Yes, this is correct. It's the "dvm compile <optional path>" command. It
> should be able to handle that stuff, other than generate packaged
> releases. If there's any problems/limitations with it, please file a
> ticket.

I was unable to get it to work on either Windows or Ubuntu. There were
at least two independent bugs on Windows, one was a segfault. After I
reported them one got fixed, but it just exposed another bug, and I
lost interest.
I tried it this year on Ubuntu and it didn't work either. Don't
remember the exact problem, but it I think it couldn't find the
runtime, or something like that.
At the time I got the feeling that *nobody* was using it, and that it
didn't work at all, except on the developer's own system.
Have things changed?