[dmd-beta] D 1.075 and 2.060 betas

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:32:37 PDT 2012

On 27-Jul-12 13:18, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dmitry Olshansky
> <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Then I think you mean those extensions aren't portable. :)
>>>
>>> Also, the script is written for zsh which is fully compatible with
>>> bash, which is available practically everywhere.
>> Nope. But say D script would indeed run on all interesting platforms.
> "Nope" is not a very convincing argument. :)
>
> D is most certainly *not* available on all interesting platforms yet,
> unless x86 is the only interesting platform to you...

"which is available practically everywhere." Is not an argument, it's a common *NIX ignorance.
Not aimed at you in particular, but most folk do the same all the time.

When the Q is `create upload & update tool for D` then most definitely D
at least works on that platform ?
In fact I'm interested in ARMv7 also but given the discussion it's
pianly obvious that it's a dev tool to work on currently supported
systems. I don't recall ARM being officially supported on any D compiler.

--
Dmitry Olshansky