[dmd-beta] D 2.062 beta

Nick Sabalausky bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 8 15:00:11 PST 2013

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:44:11 -0800
Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 2/8/2013 1:17 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > Does this version include the feature that was discussed to make the
> > "literals aren't lvalues" change from 2.061 less of a pain in the
> > ass, especially WRT opCmp? (I forget exactly what the intended
> > feature was).
> >
> > If so, what is it, and how do I use it? (My code's hitting against
> > that problem hard.)
> >
> > If not, then I'd say it's extremely important to get that into this
> > release. I've been avoiding 2.061 just because of that problem.
> > Heck, the "literals aren't lvalues" pain was in the 2.059 beta but
> > REMOVED for 2.059 final SPECIFICALLY because we didn't have a
> > feature in place to make it less of a PITA.
> >

> The rvalue reference issue is not resolved here. I don't know if
> anything happened with the particular issue you have, but all the
> changes are in the changelog, or you can download it and try it.

Yea, I was already trying it. Fortunately, it appears that *this* time
around just simply removing "ref" seems to work...so far anyway. That
wasn't the case last time which is what made it so nasty it was removed
at the last minute.

I am tracking down one or two other problems now though, looks like at
least one of them has to do with toString on a struct...