[dmd-beta] D 2.062 beta

Nick Sabalausky bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 8 15:25:27 PST 2013

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 00:13:34 +0100
"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Friday, February 08, 2013 18:00:11 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > I am tracking down one or two other problems now though, looks like
> > at least one of them has to do with toString on a struct...
>
> IIRC, it was supposed to have been fixed semi-recently so that
> toString on structs weren't so restrictive about their attributes
> (e.g. making it const should now work), so that may be related
> (though that might have been in 2.061; I don't remember).

Whatever problem it is I'm tracking down was indeed introduced in
2.061. Due to some unfortunate timing, I didn't have a chance to test
2.061 during its beta.

The problem *seems* to involve a struct's toString not getting called
by format(), but a trivial test of it seems to work fine. So I'm still
narrowing it down...

There's also another problem I have with a certain opCmp not working
right (as of 2.061), but it might turn out to be the same problem, or
my own fault, or something else entirely. not sure yet...