[dmd-beta] D 2.062 beta

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Feb 10 11:51:44 PST 2013

On 10.02.2013 20:37, Walter Bright wrote:

> On 2/10/2013 10:34 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> On 2/9/13, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> One problem is how to detect the location of the Microsoft linker, the
>>> MS runtime library and the platform SDK libraries.
>> I already gave Walter a batch file for 2.061 which can be invoked to
>> retrieve these paths, but it went completely ignored.
>>

> These things make me nervous - they are complex and when they go wrong
> it can be baffling. Is it really a problem to have the user simply edit
> the file to match his system?

If you want to attract newbie programmers, definitely yes. Especially if
it isn't explained anywhere.

Doesn't installation descriptions like the one in the wiki (
http://wiki.dlang.org/Installing_DMD_on_64-bit_Windows_7_%28COFF-compatible%29
) make you a lot more nervous? There is so much more that can go wrong
right now.