[dmd-beta] D 2.062 beta

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Fri Feb 15 09:55:52 PST 2013

On 2/15/13 4:29 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 04:39 AM, Jesse Phillips
> <jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll have to write an article explaining why; I suggest Lua.
>
> Unfortunately, any language that is no D, shell script or C/C++ is
> basically banned from D. For a while the Mac OS X installer was built
> using a Ruby script. But that was converted to a shell script.

Jacob, will you please stop this. There was no rationale for using Ruby
in the installer other than "Jacob likes Ruby." Changing from Ruby to
shell script made the code simpler and smaller.

Jesse, offhand I think there would be a long shot to use a whole
language for simple things like configuration files, but if you feel
strongly definitely do argue your point in an article.

Andrei