[dmd-beta] D 2.062 beta

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 17 13:24:14 PST 2013

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 13:11:54 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/17/2013 12:56 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 17 feb 2013, at 21:38, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> >> And as for the guest
> >> additions, you'll want those regardless, since that's what will allow you
> >> to transfer files between the virtual machine and the outside without
> >> using the network (as well as add or improve a number of other
> >> features).
> >
> > Yes, always install the guest additions. They will also contain graphics
> > drivers and similar.
> "FreeBSD Requires hardware virtualization to be enabled. Limited support.
> Guest Additions are not available yet."
>
> -- https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html

Which contradicts the other page (which seems to list the package which
contains the guest additions), so that can't be a terribly good sign, but that
page doesn't even list Linux 3.0, so my guess would be that it's out of date,
though that's not a good sign either, since it appears to be the manual. Even
without guest additions, it should be useable, just less pleasant.

I don't know. I guess that all you can do is try it. It's straightforward
enough, and if you're worried about whether it will work, you can always try
another OS which will definitely work first.

- Jonathan M Davis