[dmd-beta] dmd 2.063 beta 5

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu May 23 02:57:52 PDT 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> I suspect some of these problems are caused by pull #93. To check, compile with:
>
>     -transition=field
>
> and add "static" to those declarations.

1. The initial message was still very bad
2. I need to know about the -translation flag
3. I fixed a couple of errors this flag found but the error message is still bad:

tango/io/selector/SelectSelector.d(115): tango.io.selector.SelectSelector.SelectSelector.DefaultSize is const field

https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2/blob/d2port/tango/io/selector/PollSelector.d#L115

That is pointing to a commented line.

> On May 21, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
> This message can happen if opAssign is generated, but the generated function failed to compile.

Since the function doesn't exist in the source file it's quite hard to find the actual error.

--
/Jacob Carlborg