[dmd-beta] 2.063 released!

Nick Sabalausky bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com
Tue May 28 17:14:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 00:44:08 +0200
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I'm unhappy that I'm forced to mention about the broken
> documentation for every single release, this whole process should have
> been automated years ago.
>
> But let's bury the hatchets. I think Nick mentioned it would be a good
> idea to have a D script of some sorts that would build the .zip
> release. If we had that, I suppose we could also have a test-case for
> the script itself to make sure we always have fresh documentation and
> the newest builds of all tools (e.g. the RDMD.exe in the zip file is
> time-stamped for 2 weeks ago).

FWIW, I am actually working on automating as much as I can. I'm starting
with a minimal DMD bootstrapper (well, two really: one for Win and one
for Posix) so that, hopefully, all of our other tools can safely rely
on D being available.

Hopefully, I can have it all done in time for 2.064. We'll see.

Speaking of bootstrapping D (as this could impact what I'm doing as
well), there's been talk about parts of DMD being rewritten in D.
Where are we on that?