[dmd-beta] 2.063 released!

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu May 30 07:17:16 PDT 2013

On 5/30/13, Martin Nowak <code at dawg.eu> wrote:
> What we have is an experimental support to link executables against
> a shared libphobos2.so by passing "-defaultlib=libphobos2.so" to dmd.

Perhaps until this is solid we should keep it out of the changelog. I
did the same thing for documented unittests, which were present in
2.062 but had a few bugs left to be resolved, so I've waited to
mention them in the upcoming 2.063 release.

What I'm worried about is things that were mentioned ages ago which
may or may not still apply:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?BestPractices/DLL

DDL slides (mentions problems with DLLs):
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20081203030930/http://team0xf.com/conference/DDL.pdf

DDL talk: http://vimeo.com/2264486

We should have a page (on dwiki) with a list of things that are
implemented, and the things that have yet to be implemented.