[dmd-beta] Cherry-picking II

Daniel Murphy yebblies at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:27:31 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Andrew Edwards <edwards.ac at gmail.com> wrote:

I took issue with it because by adding this extra step, we are inducing
> additional delay in the entire process. As you said, one review should
> suffice. All that's left to do after that is flip a switch indicating that
> it needs to be in the release branch. This can be accomplish in one of two
> ways: 1) set the Asignee to AndrewEdwards following the merge; 2) Set the
> Milestone to 2.065 anytime during the creation, review or merger of the
> request. Come to think of it, a combination of the two would probably
> provide the best solution. The author assigns the milestone when creating
> the pull. Upon seeing this milestone the reviewer assigns the pull to me
> after the merge. A two step process that requires one additional step from
> two different people.

This seems realistic.  If any pulls don't merge cleanly into the release
branch, or haven't been assigned to you and you think they should be, a
comment on the pull asking for a new pull or clarification should get it
done.  After all, the pull author will know how to do this best.