[dmd-beta] 2.065 Final Release Prep

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 02:16:03 PST 2014

Devs,

Thanks for your support in preparing for this release. With only two
days remaining before the release 2.065.0, I would like to orient our
attention toward that goal.

I will insert tags and start building the release at 10:00PM (EST) on
Sunday. Please ensure all pulls required for this build are identified
and merged before then.

Outstanding Regressions: Per discussion between Walter and Kenji
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/CAFDvkcuX9og4ec0kha_wFm3jTN24zVC=SXZaB35NXR-s-k+uQg@mail.gmail.com)
all regressions existing at the time of the RC1 release were invalid or
did not affect 2.065. Since then I am only aware of two regressions
posted against RC1: #12220 and #12221. Vladimir Panteleev already
identified their sources but no work done yet to resolve them. If there
are any other regressions affecting 2.065 that I might have missed,
please point them out.

@Andrej Mitrovic - Your documentation Kung Fu for the changelog is
required at this time. I know you've been updating it incrementally but
just want to ensure that it will be made available at the time of
release. I'm shooting to have all binaries uploaded by 02:00AM (EST).

@Brad Roberts - Since you are remain the only one able to upload to
downloads.dlang.org, I will need you to move the files over as soon as
they are made available. I will inform you once the last file is posted.

@Martin Nowak, @Jordi Sayol - Dejan Lekic posted regarding the use of
the tilde in our naming convention a couple days back:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/53029463.6050205@gmail.com#post-lducsr:241kgq:241:40digitalmars.com.
I know we've beat this horse to death but I need to know that the
measures we've taken actually address his concern.

Regards,
Andrew