[dmd-beta] 2.065 Final Release Prep

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Feb 23 23:34:46 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Andrew Edwards <edwards.ac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/24/14, 1:54 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
>>
>> I don't think merging back into master is feasible at this point.  We have
>> been merging fixes to master first, then cherry-picking/rebasing them to the
>> release branch, and I don't think a merge to master is necessary or
>> desirable with this model.
>>
> Make sense to me.

Please don't just skip over the entire earlier discussion like this.

@Daniel: I'd argue that it is only really necessary and desirable
precisely in that model, because the Git history holds all the merging
information otherwise anyway. But I really thought we were done with
this discussion some weeks ago…

David