[dmd-beta] Preparation for 2.65

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:51:39 PST 2014

On 1/9/14, 2:33 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Now there is a v2.065-b1 tag for dmd.
> <https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/releases>https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/releases/tag/v2.065-b1
> This opens a can of questions.
> Who created it, why didn't anybody told me (and others) about it, how
> was it decided that dmd is beta ready, what's the intent/plan for the
> other repos?
> Please communicate before doing non-obvious steps so that others can
> learn the process too.

Martin, I created this tag back when I just started. It was discussed in
my initial announcement after creating the 2.065 branch. Either way, the
tag will need to be deleted and recreated after all pushing the required
files to build this release to the 2.065 branch. With your progress on
vagrant/virtualbox I am hoping I will be able to build the 2.065 branch
very soon. I have been able to use it to build head but not the 2.065
branch. This is largely because patches are being merged to head but not
pushed to the branch.
> Should we now tag all other repos? Who is feeling responsible for each
> repo, e.g. tracks that regressions are fixed and tags the branch?

I am responsible for this. Request however, that this particular tag be
deleted (v2.065-b1) because we're not ready. I am reading Pro Git right
now because I made a number of mistakes a few weeks back and decided not
to play in the live repo until I get a better grasp of how to use it.
That being said, I will not delay the process because of my shortcomings
so as soon as regressions are addressed and I can build the 2.065 branch
without errors, I will release the beta.
> I'm making progress for automatic release building.
> https://github.com/MartinNowak/installer/tree/vagrant
I will check this out tonight. Thanks for the hard work.