[dmd-beta] Preparation for 2.65

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 12:57:17 PST 2014

On 1/10/14, 4:31 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2014, at 01:24 AM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Rather than trying to fix the 2.065 branch, perhaps we should simply
>> abandon it
>> and go with 2.066?
>
> Absolutely not. We already have a very confusing release process,
> don't making more confusing by skipping version numbers.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg
I tend to sway a tad in towards this opinion but I don't think it will
really make that much of a difference. What is important is that we fix
the issue with our release in making this leap. Either way though, the
broken/confusing release process requires immediate attention. See my
response to Walter.