[dmd-beta] Time for beta - 2.066?

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Mon Jan 13 15:11:29 PST 2014

On 01/13/2014 03:28 PM, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> https://github.com/garethr/vagrantboxes-heroku/pull/246
This is not one of our repos, but adds the FreeBSD box I prepared to a
public list of vagrant images, because it might be useful to someone else.
http://www.vagrantbox.es/

For Linux we can use the readily available official Ubuntu 12.04 LTS images.
Obviously I can't share the Windows and OSX boxes, but I prepared
detailed instructions and installation scripts, so setup should be
fairly simple.

OSX: https://gist.github.com/MartinNowak/8156507
Windows: https://gist.github.com/MartinNowak/8270666
FreeBSD: https://gist.github.com/MartinNowak/8077129 <- I uploaded the
final image, so the setup guide is only needed for documentation purpose.
Linux: Uses the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS images from here
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/.

Using virtualbox to build releases allows us to automate the whole
release process and makes it way more reproducible,
I hope this work will turn out to be a good investment.

I will write more documentation in the wiki and make a pull request for
the vagrant branch (
https://github.com/MartinNowak/installer/tree/vagrant) once it is
finished. If someone is curious you can try it out already.
Here is some detailed instructions on setting up virtualbox and vagrant,
might be useful.
https://learnchef.opscode.com/screencasts/install-virtual-box/
https://learnchef.opscode.com/screencasts/install-vagrant/

I won't have time to work on this before thursday evening.

-Martin