[dmd-beta] Time for beta - 2.066?

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:39:42 PST 2014

I'm having problems building on win7x64. Anyone ever encountered this
issue and know a fix?

     https://gist.github.com/AndrewEdwards/84777566

Observing the dmd/src, druntime, and phobos directories I noticed that
dmd/src does not contain an win64.mak file but the others do. This
shouldn't matter though, I thought, because when building dmd I specify
MODEL=64. I don't think it made a difference.

I took a look at win32.mak and noticed a reference to PVS-Studio. I
didn't have it installed but all attempts to compile dmd prior
succeeded. Just out curiosity I went ahead and installed it but now I
can't compile dmd. I get the following:

     LINK : warning LNK4004: unrecognized option '/p512'; ignored
     LINK : warning LNK4004: unrecognized option '/c'; ignored
     LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'frontend.lib'

     --- errorlevel 1104

I'm at a lost at the moment. I guest a better question to ask is does
anyone working on Win64 regularly build and use dmd from source? If so,
can you provide the steps to properly configure my system?

Thanks,
Andrew