[dmd-beta] dmd 2.065 beta 1

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Sun Jan 19 18:37:05 PST 2014

On 01/18/2014 04:33 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:> "Andrew Edwards" wrote in
message news:lbe25n$2rrh$1 at digitalmars.com...
 >> Thanks. New file uploaded.
 >
 > Looking much better.
 >
 > I extracted this beta and the last release, and diffed the result of
 > `dir /s` to see what changed.
 >
 > Some of these may be intentional, thanks to problems with the old zip
 >
 > - There are .DS_Store file scattered around now, these should be removed
Those come from Finder, we could filter them out.

 > - This does not have the right version of optlink - has 8.00.13 should
 > be 8.00.15 (check it's 223,260 bytes)
Yes Andrew, please update link.exe in localextras-windows with the one
from ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/optlink.zip.
The sha1sum should be
bde3ba87d7446d22b4ea6b9eb6c99b3750c18bbd  link.exe
 > - dmd2\windows\lib64 is gone...
True that, create_dmd_release didn't followed the addition.
Should we use bin32/bin64 lib32/lib64 like on all other platforms then?

 > - gained phobos\std\typelist.d
Yeah, what's with that? We never build or documented this module.
Is it deprecated? Why wasn't it deleted when nobody uses it?

 > - lost a bunch of files in dmd2\src\druntime\src\gc

That's OK, should be 5 modules.

 > - XXX\dmd2\src\VERSION now has a windows line-end... not sure if this is
 > a problem or not
This comes from a git checkout on Windows but doesn't seem to cause any
problems.

 > - libcurl_stub.c appeared in XXX\dmd2\linux\lib*
Needs to be fixed.

 > - XXX\dmd2\html\d\phobos\phobos.html disappeared
Seems like this is only build on Windows, and Andrew had to manually add
the Windows part.