[dmd-beta] Release Engineering as a Force Multiplier

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 06:17:07 PST 2014

Am 20.01.2014, 05:32 Uhr, schrieb Martin Nowak <code at dawg.eu>:

> Interesting talk by Mozilla's director of release engineering.
> http://youtu.be/7j0NDGJVROI

I didn't watch it, because after a few minutes into the talk I realized: A
guy from Mozilla talks at Google about the new release scheme they adapted
 from Google's own Chrome browser and ruined their browser with heaps of
regression bugs and confusion about versions. Whatever the success of
Firefox is, it was there before they changed their release process. That
said it was a lesson learned, so maybe the talk wasn't that bad
objectively.