[dmd-beta] Cherry-picking issue:

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 09:00:26 PST 2014

I've made four attempts at cherry-picking, all of which resulted in
error identical to the following:

seireitei:dmd ace$ git cherry-pick 19a756
error: Commit 19a756f99c610b2906cc87b0e10b63b42a49a4e2 is a merge but no
-m option was given.
fatal: cherry-pick failed

The step followed for this particular attempt:

     cd dmd/
     git checkout master
     git pull
     git checkout release
     git cherry-pick 19a756

 From what I understand, this is caused by the particular item being
picked having multiple parents. The solution would be to identify which
of the parents to use as the base:

     git cherry-pick -m 1 19a756

This would designate parent #1 as the base. My question is this: How do
I know which parent is the base? Is it always parent #1?

Thanks,
Andrew