[dmd-beta] beta branch name

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:24:58 PST 2014

On 1/23/14, 1:10 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Yes it did. Once 2.065 is released, the branch will be merged back
> into master and then deleted.
>> When it's time to prepare 2.066, a new release branch will be
>> created. See
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/Simplified_Release_Process_Proposal for
>> additional information.
>
> I don't know who to be mad at here, but this is getting !@#$@@#$ing
> stupid.
I've never had a problem taking responsibility for the decisions I make
so you can be mad at me if it makes you feel better.
> Per-release branches were working fine.  They make it easy to keep
> adding fixes to after release. They're simple.  They're easy to track.
> Etc etc.  They're tried and true for oh so many projects.
I fail to see how "release" makes it many more difficult but I will
concede that keeping the branch around does simplify the process of
adding fixes after release.
> Sigh, how many more ways is this release going to suck?

I'll reserve my opinion here!