[dmd-beta] beta branch name

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 05:47:39 PST 2014

The branch will be renamed tonight in preparation for building beta 2. I
will make this change start building beta 2 at 10:00PM EST (UTC -5) so
please ensure the auto tester is not using the release branch in order
prevent any complications when it is renamed. Also just to verify that I
am not causing any additional issues, the tags (aka version numbers) for
the release will be as follows:

     2.65.0-b2

Obviously, this is another chance but mandatory to resolve issues with
upgrading from installer packages on FreeBSD and Debian OSes.

Following are the changes I've cherry-picked into the release branch
since beta 1.

     DMD
[REG2.061] Issue 11980 - startaddress pragma broken (pull request #3142)
     Issue 11974 - ICE(cast.c) Segfault with invalid assignment (pull
request #3141)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11966 - inout(const(char))[] doesn't convert to
inout(char)[] (pull request #3138)
     fix Issue 11956 - dmd doesn't lookup /etc/dmd.conf (pull request #3128)
Issue 11968 - ICE(expression.c) Crash when deleting __FILE__ (pull
request #3139)
     Issue 11944 - ICE(expression.c) Assertion `f' failed. (pull request
#3125)
fix Issue 11922 - [REG2.065a] ICE on nonexistent identifier in templated
auto method (pull request #3094)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11924 - inout Variadic Template Parameters (pull
request #3097)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11896 - isVirtualMethod related GitHub HEAD regression
(pull request #3104)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11930 - Alias this not considered in is(T unused: U)
matching (pull request #3105)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11931 - Linkers "Symbol Undefined" again with dmd HEAD
when -g specified (pull request #3107)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11941 - Errors when appending to aggregate member
array in CTFE (pull request #3112)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11967 - ICE(parse.c) Parser crash (pull request #3137)
[REG2.064] Issue 11965 - Segfault on garbage (pull request #3136)
[REG2.065a] Issue 11963 - ICE(parse.c) Parser crash (pull request #3135)

     Druntime
     None

     Phobos
     Remove duplicate ArchiveMember.madeVersion() property.

     Installer
Build the installer GUI for D2 on OS X (pull request #44)
add "dustmite" binary on deb/rpm packages (pull request #43)
don't zip .git* and .DS_Store files (pull request #42)
fix expanding zip files created on Windows (pull request #41)
     cleanup leftover from merge conflict (pull request #40)

     dlang.org
fix chmgen after renaming phobos.html => index.htm (pull request #480)
Revert changelog.dd encoding to UTF-8 (pull request #478)
     Changelog: add notes about std.uni.byGrapheme and std.range.only
(pull request #477)
     2.065 changelog (pull request #476)

     tools
     None

If important you are expected to be included are not on the list, please
identify them so I can adjust accordingly.